Live Webinar: Eligibility Criteria for DREAMers and Deferred Action

Undocumented immigrants who demonstrate that they meet certain criteria will be eligible to receive Deferred Action for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and will be eligible to apply for work authorization.  This will apply to many people who would otherwise qualify under the DREAM Act.

The USCIS recently announced that all forms and instructions for Deferred Action will be available on August 15, 2012.

Our office will be presenting a WEBINAR on August 15, 2012 at 12 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) to review the eligibility requirements for Deferred Action and obtaining work authorization.

To sign up for our FREE Webinar, click HERE.

In order to qualify Deferred Action and work authorization, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:

You must have entered the US prior to your 16th birthday.  


  • A certified transcript from a school attended prior to your 16th birthday;
  • A record from your doctor/dentist/urgent care/hospital;
  • Any Medicaid/Food Stamp records; or
  • Your parents employment records or financial records that show you as a dependent residing in the US.

Note: Personal affidavits are not acceptable to meet this requirement.

You must be under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012.


  • Birth certificate and government photo ID; or
  • An expired passport or driver’s license, we can file with this.  If you do not have any photo ID, contact home your country’s Embassy in the US to apply for a passport.

Applicant was physically present in the US on June 15, 2012.   


  • Any dated document proving this physical presence requirement.

You Entered Without Inspection (EWI) or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012.


  • Your statement that you entered EWI; or
  • Your Passport/Visa/I-94 to show that your status expired.

You are physically present in the US when the application is filed.

You resided continuously in the US from June 15, 2007 to the present.


  • Certified transcripts from schools attended since June 15, 2007; or
  • If you were not a student for all of this time, include additional documentation such as employment records, financial records, medical records, etc.

You must provide evidence that you 1) are in school or 2) have graduated from high school or 3) have obtained a GED.


  • A certified transcript showing graduation; or
  • A copy of your diploma, GED certificate, or transcript showing that you are enrolled in school.

You cannot have any serious criminal issues.

  • Note: The USCIS will run a background check (biometrics).

We will review all of the eligibility criteria, as well as how to prove them, during our Webinar.

Sign up NOW!