USCIS To Transfer Some I-751 Cases from Vermont to California

USCIS recently began transferring some I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residency casework from the Vermont Service Center to the California Service Center to balance workloads.

If USCIS transferred your case, they will send you a transfer notice. Your original receipt number will not change and the transfer will not delay the processing of your case. Please note:

  • The words “Case Type: CRI89 Approved Removal of Conditions” will be printed on the transfer notice – this refers to your pending Form I-751.
  • The transfer notice may not contain the receipt number of your pending Form I-751.

You can check the status by entering your receipt number in Check Status. You can also sign up to receive automatic case status updates by email.

If you have filed Form I-751 and USCIS  send’s you any notice, such as a request for evidence, please read the notice carefully. Make sure you respond to the service center that sent you the notice.

If you move while your case is pending, make sure to update your address as soon as possible after you move. You can change your address online or call the National Customer Service Center. It is important that you tell USCIS about any change of address so they can notify you of any action on your case.