Archive for the ‘Immigration Videos’ Category

New Address? Don't Forget To Tell USCIS.

September 3rd, 2010
posted by at 5:22 pm

If you have filed an application with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and you move to a new address it is important to notify them of the change.

The law requires that most non-U.S. citizens report a change of address within 10 days of moving by completing a Form AR-11, Change of Address. Our latest Immigration Minute video will show you how you can complete Form AR-11 to notify USCIS of their new address on a pending case online at  

Completing these legal requirements and submitting the necessary forms does not update an address on any applications or petitions pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). If you have filed any application or petition with USCIS, and it is still pending a decision, you should keep USCIS and your immigration attorney informed of any change of address so you can get any notices or decisions. You can now do this electronically on the USCIS website for most applications and petitions at the same time you electronically complete your Form AR-11.

Filling out the electronic Form AR-11 is only the first step. When changing the address associated with any pending cases you should know your receipt number, new and old address, as well as the last date and port of entry into the U.S.

Any notices or documents USCIS sends to you are considered official Government mail. If your name is not on the mailbox and/ or registered with the local U.S. Postal Service Office, the Postal Service may not deliver official Government mail to you. Please remember to register your name and new address with the local post office and to put your name on your mailbox.

You may find this and more information on our website at: or call us at 919-830-0840.