Moved? Notify USCIS (AR-11)

Form AR-11 is designed for a Foreign National residing in the United States to report a change of address to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”). Please note, this form must be submitted to the USCIS within 10 days of the move. This includes the 10 days prior and the 10 days following the move. Please find below a short explanation of the fields on the form. Be sure to print clearly or type the information requested on the form.

  1. List your last name or surname in CAPITAL letters, then your first and middle name.
  2. If you are any other status besides a Student, a Visitor or a green card holder you are to check “Other” and list the type of visa you are here on, such as H-1B, TN or L-1A.
  3. Next list your Country of Citizenship and your Date of Birth. There is no need to list your Country of Birth.
  4. If you have a green card or an Employment Authorization card you will need to list you’re A# from the card. This number is nine numbers long and starts with the letter A. (For example, A095123456) If you are on an H-1B, TN or other type of work permit and you have not started the green card process you will not have an A# and you will need to put “N/A”.
  5. On the line for Present Address list your new address. If this address is temporary please list how long you will be there. If this address is not temporary you may leave it blank.
  6. You will then need to list your previous address.
  7. If you attend school or are lawfully employed then you will need to list the name of the school/employer and the full address.
  8. For Port of Entry and Date of Entry please look at your white I-94 card and list this information stamped on the card.
  9. If you are not a Permanent Resident please list the date your status expires.
  10. Lastly, sign and date the form and send it to the BCIS at the address listed on the form.

Also, please be sure to fax, email or mail a copy of the Form AR-11 to your attorney.

To download Form AR-11, please click here.

To download the USCIS Change of Address Fact Sheet, please Select Change of Address.