Sponsoring Siblings

US citizens who are 21 years or older may sponsor their siblings for residency in the F4 category.  The siblings need only share one parent in common to qualify.

Filing Form I-130 is the petition that demonstrates the relationship between siblings as well as establishes the priority date.  There is a numerical limitation on the number of siblings of US citizens that can immigrate to the United States each year.  The US Department of State’s Visa Bulletin is a database of priority dates in various visa categories, and you can check it here- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

If you are interested in sponsoring your sibling for residency, you should consult with an experienced family immigration attorney who can perform a thorough screening of your immigrant sibling’s immigration history to ensure a proper filing. Contact us at Bashyam Shah LLP to schedule the consultation today.

Contact Us

Contact Us